- Last night the Hudson Valley women's Open basketball team beat New York City, 72-53. Marist's Julianne Viani scored 11 points, Marist's Maria Laterza scored three points, and Marist recruit Emily Stallings scored two points.
- Poughkeepsie's Joe Rodriguez took the silver medal in weightlifting in the 150-pound class.
- Mike Meck of Hyde Park won silver in the Scholastic 100-meter breaststroke. Kevin Walsh of Lagrangeville was sixth in that final. Later, Meck won another silver in the 200-meter individual medley. Brenna Munz was sixth in the 800-free final. She's from Poughquag.
- The Hudson Valley baseball team, which beat Adirondack in the afternoon, 14-2, lost to Central, 3-2, in 11 innings last night.
- In Scholastic wrestling, Hopewell Junction's Todd Mueckenheim lost both his matches. Lagrangeville's Chris Cuzzola went 1-1, so he's still alive. Tom Oddo from Wappingers Falls went 0-2 on Day 1 in the Open class.
- In Masters bowling, Hillar Adamson of Hopewell Junction shared silver in the men's 50-plus trio.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Catching up to do
If you've spent any time on the ESG site to get results, then you know how painfully slow they are about putting them up there.